Arrived in Portland on Tuesday afternoon. Since then I’ve walked 36,877 steps over 15.99 miles, and climbed 42 flights of stairs. I’m also entirely too familiar with the inside of the Oregon Convention Center. It’s been an interesting four days, at least.
The pile of “women will like this” stuff:
* 3 mirrors (4 if you count the one in the hairbrush, 1 of which arrived shattered)
* a purse hook (it took three of us to figure out what this thing was)
* wildflower seeds
* a jelly watch
* a nail kit (with file, clippers, scissors, and tweezers)
* a folding hairbrush (with mirror inside)
Plus two bottles of nail polish and two lip balms from vendor booths.
And the Pile of Incredibly Random Stuff:
* paper airplane
* beer cozy (diet soda cozy?)
* beer can opener (diet soda opener?)
* tiny miniature backpack iPod holder? (seriously, I have no idea wtf that one is)
* 2 desk cell phone holder/stands
Taken somewhere out by Arlington, back in… July?
The dogmonster turned 1 this past weekend, and finally got the backpack we’ve been wanting to get her all year. The day was spent hiking, foraging for mushrooms, and enjoying the company of some good friends from work (and enjoying the first real day off I’ve had for three long months). It was glorious.
The ferns were all white in one area.
The first visible snow of the year for me, against an amazingly blue sky.
I loved the way the bright yellow trees reflected on the lake.